|24 Hour Emergency
We are always here for your pet
Back to the Pet Resources page >>
If you think your pet has ingested or otherwise been exposed to a poisonous substance and is showing any of the following symptoms:
DON’T WAIT; bring him/her in immediately!
- loss of consciousness
- trouble breathing
- trouble walking/getting up
When possible, please bring any PACKAGING (even if torn) with you when bringing in your pet. This will help our staff in determining the exact substance and concentration of the toxin as well as the best course of treatment.
What, When, & How Much?
If you think your pet has ingested a poisonous substance, but appears to be acting OK, try to determine:
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
- WHAT –what is the substance your pet got hold of.
- WHEN – what is the time frame? How long ago was the substance ingested?
- HOW MUCH – is anything left? How much was there to start out with?
If you are not sure weather what your pet ingested is poisonous/harmful or not, you can contact the
ASPCA Animal Poison Control
As the premier animal poison control center in North America, the APCC is your best resource for any animal poison–related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. APCC is staffed by board–certified veterinary toxicologists and professionals specially trained in veterinary toxicology.
If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, make the call that can make all the difference: (888) 426–4435. A $60 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.
Pet Poison Helpline
Pet Poison Helpline is another resource for finding out about possible poisonous substances.
Human Poison Control
Sometimes the Human Poison Control might also be able to help to determine if something is toxic or poisonous.